In this course, students will engage in exploring the creative process through dance making by researching their evolving, individual movement aesthetic. Students will be asked to approach making and researching choreography from multiple angles. This course requires consistent fluidity, discipline and self-motivation. It also requires curiosity, a desire for growth, open-hearted support of each other, and tolerance of the unknown.
- Experience and explore movement and aesthetic research
- Present process and products of choreography and writing
- Practice iterative approaches for both dance making and writing
- Engage in discussions with the class community
- Research text and media based resources to support your understanding of dance making, creative process and composition